Friday, January 23, 2015

What's On the Needles?

A few days ago, I found this pattern for FREE on Craftsy.  That's right, free!  (Who doesn't love that?)  It's called Easy As Pie, and let me tell you, it is.  I've been on a lace knitting kick and I had a gray and white skein of Interlacements yarn in my stash.  I lost the label, but if I'm remembering correctly, it's called Spiderweb.  It's a gorgeous blend of light grays and white, and it really does look like a spider web, especially when combined with the Easy As Pie pattern.   


It's just a series of yarn overs combined with ssk (slip slip knit) & k2tog (knit 2 together).  The pattern is only worked on the right side which means the wrong side is just basic knitting and purling.  So.  Easy.  But the outcome is gorgeous.  I've only been working on it for a day and already I have a nice bit of fabric and the design is really showing!  If you're new to lace knitting, this pattern is a great place to start!

Finally, a word about Craftsy.  I LOVE this site.  I love learning new things, but between writing and parenting six kids, I don't have time to go out and take a class.  Before life got so busy, I used to take classes from an art college in Cincinnati.  My schedule is a bit unpredictable now (meaning I can't leave the house without a child or two -- or six -- clinging to me!) but Craftsy allows me to take classes on line whenever I have time.  It's the perfect platform for someone like me who wants to learn, but can't necessarily keep a predictable schedule.  Give it a shot if you want to try something new.  It's not expensive and it doesn't take a lot of time--my 2 prerequisites!


No comments:

Post a Comment