Monday, December 8, 2014

Feeling Grateful and Thoughtful

First off, I want to say, "Thank you."

If you follow me on Facebook, you know that the past two days have been a little rough.  Okay, make that very rough.  My daughter, Grace, had a large seizure Sunday morning and had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance.  She was then transferred to Cincinnati Children's where we stayed overnight.  We finally got home tonight at around 9pm.

I want to say, "Thank you" because as soon as I posted a request for prayers for Grace, you all started responding.  I feel so lucky to know each of you.  And I want you to know how much the texts, and phone calls, and Facebook posts mean to me.  We had family members helping out with the other kids at home and so many offers of help.  It's truly humbling to know you all.  S
o Thank You.  I'm grateful for each and every one of you.

Grace is okay and happy to be home.  (So am I!)  But her seizures seem to be getting worse.  When they started, they were small "staring spell" seizures that only lasted a few seconds.  This one lasted over an hour and didn't even stop when I gave her Diastat (Valium to stop seizures).  Right now, we're just keeping an eye on things, but of course I worry.  She's had other large seizures before, but this one really knocked her for a loop.  She's still not completely herself.

Add that to the fact that I was in the ER on Thursday (yep, a Crohn's flare--I'm ok too, just bad timing), and it has me thinking.  I don't know about you all, but it feels like my life is rushing past me.  I feel like I'm running at 6 rpms all of the time.  I need to slow down.  Not because anything is wrong physically (the ER trip is par for the course with Crohn's disease), but because I think I'm running so fast that I'm not enjoying life the way I want too.

I've been feeling this way for a long time, in fact I was talking to Steve about it on Saturday, and I don't have any answers yet.  But I do know I'm going to deliberately try to slow down and enjoy where I'm at right now because life passes too quickly.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.  Hopefully, it won't be too painful to slow down!

(Okay, so perhaps it wasn't the best idea to write a blog post about slowing down at 10:30 at night when I just get home from the hospital with my daughter!  The slowing down thing will start tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment