Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The newest Knippers!

I'm so excited that I can finally share pictures of our newest kiddos!  On the Friday before Thanksgiving, we finally received our official approval from China!  (For those not familiar with adoption lingo, it's called Seeking Confirmation.)  That means we should be traveling to China in roughly 10 weeks.  That's just an estimate, if you know anything about adoption, you know that 10 weeks could stretch into 15.  Or 20.  In this way, adoption is a lot like publishing.  (I keep telling myself I'm learning patience.  Right.  I don't believe it either.) 

Without further ado, allow me to introduce Gabrielle:

Look at that face!  I can't wait to kiss those cheeks!

And Jonathan:

Isn't he a cutie? We have a video of him zooming around in his chair, and let me tell you, it doesn't slow him down one bit!


Gabrielle is three and a half, and Jonathan will be seven in three weeks.  We've never adopted two at the same time so it will be interesting, but after adopting a teenager who didn't speak English and Grace with all of her issues, two at once feels like a walk in the park.

Now that the end is in sight, I'm rushing around like crazy trying to get the house together, because as usual we left the house preparations until the last minute.  We're swapping bedrooms around -- all three boys will be sharing a room (I'm trying to pretend that's a good idea.  Please don't disabuse me of that notion!)  Painting walls.  Cleaning out closets.  Going through the stockpile of toys we have in the basement to see what we can use again. (As you'll notice, I haven't even mentioned Christmas.  That's because I'm trying to pretend it's not looming around the corner.)

It's crazy, but it's a good kind of crazy.  The kind where you can't tell whether your heart is pounding for joy or panic.  A little of both I suspect!  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! May I ask you a question about your dogs? If you could email me that would be great!
    –Shaye
    shayewalsh1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete