Saturday, July 27, 2013

More Good News!

This post was written with help from Grace who insisted on sitting in my lap while I was working.
Hi everyone.  Long time no blog. I know, I know. It's bad. But I have some very good reasons for deserting you. As you know from my last post, we are adopting again. If you know anything about adoption, you know it involves mounds of paperwork which takes hours and hours to wade through.  Seriously, it makes being audited by the IRS look easy. Between the adoption paperwork, teaching, and finishing revisions for The Book, I've been swamped. Something had to go, and the blog drew the short straw.

But this week, the stars aligned and the Knipper house was full of Good News.  First off, I'm finally finished with the looong revision process!  The best part is that the book is much better for it. I am so lucky to have a wonderful agent and editor who pushed me to do my best work.  So The Book is out of my hands for now.  That means more waiting, but that's okay.  I've started working seriously on Book Two, and I'm having great fun with it. 

The second piece of Good News is that we finally finished the U.S.  portion of our adoption paperwork.  As I type, our dossier is winging it's way to China!  What does this mean?  If you guessed more waiting, you're right!  (Sensing pattern here?)  This is a very rough guess, but I think we'll be in China in November or December.  

While we wait, I'm trying to get the house ready. The little boy we're adopting is in a wheelchair so we need to switch some things around.  Luckily, we have a bedroom on the ground floor, but we need wheelchair ramps, bathtub rails, etc.  I'm heavily researching how to make a home wheelchair accessible.  This will be a learning experience, but if Grace has taught us anything, it's that we'll get through it. 

As you can see, waiting is the name of the game at the Knipper household.  Which means I'll be spending more time here in the blogosphere! 


No comments:

Post a Comment