Friday, June 1, 2012

Coolest Elevator Ever!

Well, summer is in full swing at the Knipper household.  The kids are out of school and the house is in disarray.  Those of you with kids know what I mean.  Instead of writing all day I'm carting them to swim lessons and breaking up fights between my boys.  Right now they're supposed to be upstairs cleaning their room and instead they're singing to the cat.

Sigh. 

However, despite my current chaotic life, I was able to return to the Best Library Ever and snap a picture of the elevator. 


It says, "Express To 11 & 12 / Library - 11th Floor."  A private elevator for a library.  I still can't get over it.  (Okay, I'm easily amused.)

Anyway, I've been trying to think up a new blog series, and I think I've finally got something I want to tackle.  Next week I'm going to talk about the difficulties in starting the second novel while waiting to hear back from editing on your first.  At first glance it doesn't seem like this would be hard, but trust me, it is.  At least for me. 

So have a great weekend and I'll be back on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. That is really cool. Plus the floors all line up with that song you heard on the Electric Company as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, if only they had books in the elevator while you wait for express service to the top.
    I like the sound of your new blog series. This is something I'm struggling with as we speak. I've had to employ strategies that I never used in writing my other books, just to get going.

    ReplyDelete