Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Can you keep a secret?


I want to tell you a secret.  Everyone lean in real close. 

Closer. 

Okay.  That's good.

I'm almost finished editing The Book.

It's true.  I should wrap things up on Saturday.  Then I'll put it away for 7-10 days before doing a final read through.  After that, I'll send it to my editor and cross my fingers that she doesn't come back with more big changes.  (Although she has a Great Eye so if she says it needs more work, it needs more work.)

I'm sure my editor will have suggestions, but hopefully they'll be of the minor variety instead of the Gut The Whole Thing variety.  Minor changes are much easier to handle. 

To celebrate, I'm trying to dream up some Fun Things for the blog.  Things like give aways and drawings for critiques.  I want to start in May, so feel free to offer suggestions. 

If all goes as planned, next week I'll write up a looong post about the editing process and what I've learned.

Until then, Happy Reading & Writing!

6 comments:

  1. yayayayay! That's amazing! and no. I can't keep a secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Congratulations! That must feel so satisfying. I can't wait to read about the next phases of your publishing adventure... and to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!!! *throws confetti and preps champagne for popping* It's a great feeling, isn't it?! I KNOW you kicked butt with those edits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 you all! It does feel great, but it's a little scary too. I keep listing things to look for when I do my last read through. That list keeps growing...and growing...

    ReplyDelete