Friday, February 17, 2012

Take a chance




Whew, it's been to long since I've posted.  Last Friday I had a great phone conversation with my editor and since then, I've been ripping apart the manuscript and stitching it back together like Frankensteins' monster--although hopefully with less tragic results.  After I'm finished with this set of edits, I'll do a lengthy post about the process, what I've learned, etc. 

But I had to pop in and share this picture.  Today I was talking with someone who was afraid to send their work out.  I completely understand this.  It is scary to send your work out.  What if no one likes it?  What if it gets rejected?  What if you embarass yourself?   

All of these are very real fears.  Your work might get rejected.  Some people might not like your story. 

But if you don't take the chance, if you don't put yourself out there, you'll ever know what you're capable of.  So dream big and take chances.  Risk embarassment and one day great things will happen!

3 comments:

  1. This is WONDERFUL advice, and so true! Also, this quote always pops in my head whenever I'm doing something intimidating: "A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” ― William G.T. Shedd

    Thanks for an inspiring post, my friend! :) Happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! I try to remember this every time fear threatens to prevent me from taking chances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete