Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I finally did it...

I joined twitter. 

True confession:  I'm horribly shy.  Jumping into a conversation terrifies me.  I'm the person sitting in the corner of the room reading a book while everyone around me laughs and talks. 

You know what?  I'm okay with that.  Books are my passion and other than spending time with my family, I can't think of anything better than reading a good book. 

For a long time I put off joining twitter because honestly the thought of all that talking...well, it was scary! 

But today I did it.  I joined twitter.  I even sent a few tweats and followed some people.  And you know, it wasn't that bad.  (I suspect you all know that already!) 

So, if you'd like to follow me on twitter, click the link on the right.  And you'll make my day! 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on joining twitter. I'll be sure to find you on there when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you joined! It'll get easier and easier too. Promise! I think the writing community on twitter is really warm and welcoming. You are going to find a BUNCH of other people who are usually curled up in the corner with a great book and then we can talk about those books... SQUEEEEEE! Okay. I promise to take it down a notch now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It's actually been a lot of fun! How did I not know all of these great writer-folks were out there??? Ah well, better late than never!

    ReplyDelete