Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A delightful day indeed...



Warning: This blog entry is powered by Vicodin.  Possible spelling, grammatical, and other errors ahead.

Christmas is over.  The presents have been opened and broken already.  As usual, Christmas didn't turn out exactly as I planned.  This year I injured my rotator cuff (muscle around your shoulder).  I'm not sure how I did it, most likely it was from lifting Grace into bed or from her yanking on my arm.  I knew this day was coming, but I didn't think it would get here so fast.  She's now over fifty pounds and only a foot shorter than I am.  She's seven.  Sigh.  (I'm thanking God for Sarah, my oldest daughter.  She has been a GREAT help to me.  I hope everyone has a teenage daughter like her.  She's wonderful!)

Anyway, I spent Christmas Eve at urgent care and most of Christmas day in bed.  Yuck.  Luckily, I was able to watch the kids open their presents and then it was back to bed.  On Friday I have an MRI to find out if the muscle is torn or just swollen.  If it's torn, it might mean surgery.  Needless to say I've crossed my fingers, toes, legs and anything else I can think of that the muscle is just swollen, not torn.  Of course it's my right shoulder and I'm right handed. 

On the bright side, it's not Crohn's related.  Yay!  It's almost a relief to have a "normal" injury. 

Anyway, in a effort to speed the blog posts will be very brief until I'm back to normal.  I'll still be posting, but things will be abbreviated.  Once my shoulder is better and I'm off of the pain meds, I'll start posting about my editing process and give everyone an update on that.  Until then, thanks for hanging in there with me, and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm sending some healing vibes your way immediately! Fingers crossed you didn't tear anything and wishing you a speedy recovery!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete