Monday, December 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Christmas snuck up on me this year.  With all of the excitement over finding an agent and working on revisions, I fell behind pretty much everything else, including Christmas.  This is Not Good when you have four kids.  Not Good At All.  We just put our tree up this weekend.  (I'm hanging my head in shame.) 

Anyway, yesterday I finally finished my Christmas shopping, and as I was doing so, I was thinking about you, Dear Readers.  I'd love to reach through the blogosphere and deliver presents to each of you, but alas, I can't.  So I thought I'd share some of my favorite recipes this week in the hopes that your family will enjoy them as much as mine does.

Today, I give you the World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies.  These cookies are fantastic, every time I make them, I get requests for the recipe.  I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper
  • Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside
  • In medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown and white sugars until well blended.
  • Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
  • Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until just blended.
  • Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Chill the dough (I normally pop it in the fridge for 20 minutes).
  • Use a cookie scoop to drop out dough onto the prepared sheets--space cookies about 2 inches apart.
  • Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.  (I set a timer for 7 1/2 minutes then rotate the cookie sheets so that they cook evenly.)
  • Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays! 


No comments:

Post a Comment