Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You might be a writer if...




So. Tired. From. Storms.

Last night some severe storms rumbled through the area. At around 1:00 am the storm sirens went off. When I turned on the TV the screen was black. Large white letters said, "TORNADO WARNING." So, I did what any writer/mother would do. I grabbed my laptop and kids and headed for the basement. The kids because, well, they're my kids. The laptop because I couldn't stand the thought of losing my work. Yet more proof (as if you needed it) that writers are a little weird. The part about the laptop--not the kids.

The writers out there are probably nodding to themselves thinking: Of course you brought your laptop.

The thought process for the nonwriters goes more like this: You stopped to get your laptop?? Are you crazy?!

To steal a line from the great philosopher of our day, Charlie Sheen, "Duh!"

As you can tell, I'm a little tired. We stayed down there until the warning expired. Luckily, nothing happened.

(And yes, I made sure Darby the Wonderdog and the two cats were down there with us. Oh, and Steve of course. Can't forget the husband!)

No comments:

Post a Comment