Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Poetry publications!

I'm happy to announce that four of my poems have been accepted for publication by Poetry Quarterly! The poems: "Written on Rose Petals", "Unknotting String Theory", "Meeting Grace", and "An Autism Fairytale" were part of the book of poetry I wrote for my master's project.

Beyond the encouragement this provides (think Sally Fields--You like me! You really like me!), it puts me one step closer to finding a publisher for the entire manuscript. The process for publishing poetry is a little different than for fiction. Publishers of book length poetry want to see that you have a track record of placing the poems in the collection with literary journals before they'll take a chance on you.

As of now, a little over 10 percent of the manuscript has been published. WooHoo! I'm hoping that by this time next year, I will have found a publisher for the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment