Friday, April 1, 2011

An Experiment

With all of the talk about self-publishing ebooks my friend and teacher, Stephen Leigh, is self publishing his novel The Woods. The really cool thing about this is that Steve is going to chart and report his sales to you and to me. I think this is a Great Idea. We've all read the stories about (the 1 or 2) authors who have skyrocketed to fame and fortune through the miracle of self publishing.

Steve has been a published author since the 80's. He writes fantasy and science fiction and it's really good stuff. The worlds he creates grab you by the neck and pull you in (especially his Nessantico Cycle). (You'll find a link to his site on the right--Farrell Worlds. Check it out!)

So, what am I asking you to do? It's simple. Hop over to Steve's site and follow him on his blog as he reports on sales for The Woods. Also, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you download a copy & read it yourself! I'm buying my copy as soon as I finish this post, and I'll report back with a review after I've finished the book.

Should be interesting!

2 comments:

  1. As a costumer service rep at a self-publishing company, I think self-publishing e-books is a great way to go!! I hope he has success with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Audrey! I think he will. He's an excellent writer and certainly has the story-telling skills needed.

    ReplyDelete