Friday, March 25, 2011

Can't Stop Laughing!!

Slowly making my way back to the land of the living...master's project is finished (mostly) so I actually have some time on my hands. Time that I desperately need to wallow in despair as my inbox piles up with rejections. Yes, dear readers, this is why your writer friends might sometimes appear slightly neurotic. Rejection is part of the process.

This used to be the way I dealt with it: Sigh. Complain to Steve a little. Update my entry on Duotrope. Eat some chocolate. Decide I might be better suited for a career as a garbage collector. Eat some more chocolate. Scour the net for examples of Really Bad Writing so that I can feel Smuggly Superior. Look up and find a Really Awful Published book on the shelves and dissolve into despair. How did this Hack get published??? Eat more chocolate. And so on.

Now, however, I think I'll take this approach:

2 comments:

  1. right? still laughing here too. grats on your masters project! can't wait to see the defense and hear a reading. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pissmidget is STILL my new favorite word! Thanks! I'll just be glad when the reading / defense is finished.

    ReplyDelete