Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wendell Berry

I don't have time for a long post today, but I wanted to share this clip of Wendell Berry. As some of you know, I'm finishing my Master's degree in English and my final project is a book length collection of poetry. As a result, I've been spending a lot of time immersed in poetry--which is just wonderful!

In a week or so, I'm going to dedicate a post to my thoughts on why poetry is important today. But for now, since I'm short on time, I'll leave you with one of my favorite poets: Wendell Berry. For those who don't know, Wendell Berry is a Kentucky poet (actually he writes just about everything--poetry, fiction, essays) who explores our connection to the natural world. I would love his work even if he didn't remind me so much of my father. Just click on the link below. Enjoy!

Being: "The Peace of Wild Things" by Wendell Berry | Wendell Berry and Ellen Davis in Land, Life, and the Poetry of Creatures

No comments:

Post a Comment