Monday, October 19, 2009

My first writing award!

Amidst all of the swine flu drama, I got some good news. The short story I just got accepted for publication, Modeling Life, has won an award! I am the first recipient of the Echo Ink Review Writing & Editing award! YAY!

I'm one of those people who never win anything so this is a Big Deal for me. Not only is there a small monetary prize, but even better, I have a six month assignment as an Assistant Managing Editor for the magazine. I am very excited about the opportunity to work on the journal and learn all of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on in putting together a literary journal. This isn't the first time I've worked on a literary journal, I was one of the editors for NKU's Licking River Review, but this will give me some more experience outside of a University setting.

In totally unrelated news, this is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time! It even got a laugh out of my husband. Since watching it, he's been walking around the house cracking Kraken jokes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment