Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dreaming

Today I got home from taking the boys to school and sat down to write -- or rather procrastinate -- and I was catching up on some of the blogs I follow. Carrie Ryan, author of The Forest of Hands and Teeth (which is fantastic, if you haven't read it yet RUN to the bookstore and buy it) posted this link on her blog.

Some days, okay most days, I don't feel like I'll make it as a writer. Between four kids, one of whom is autistic, dealing with Crohn's disease, and working on my Master's, I have so little time to write. Not to mention the industry is tanking and the steady stream of rejections for the short stories I'm sending out. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.

But then I see someone like Susan Boyle, and I think I have to at least try. Who knows, maybe I'll be the one everyone is laughing at, until they open my book. I'll never know unless I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment