Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pull up, Pull up! We're in nose dive!!

AGGH!! I'm in the dreaded middle of the novel. I've slogged my way to 57,000 words and now feel like I'm churning out, well, mostly crap. I know, I know, it's a rough draft. I'll go back and fix it later. Still, I hate that feeling of knowing something's not as good as it could be and then letting it stay that way for a while.

Still, to write is to struggle. Struggle toward the end of the first draft. Struggle through the rewrites. Struggle to find an agent, publisher, etc.

Oh well, at least I'm still writing, and that's good to know. A few days ago, it was questionable. It seems like life has been a whirlwind of activity recently. The kids are back in school which is good & bad. Good = they are out of the house for a while! Bad = we're back into the three different school schedules for three different kids. Different buses, speech therapy appts. ect. Just this week I have 5 appointments for the kids. AGGH! No wonder I'm floundering.

Not to mention that we should be getting our travel approval for China any day now and we should leave sometime in the next few weeks. Don't know when. But soon. Of course, we don't have her room finished and it's not like she's a baby and won't know the difference. At 12, I'm pretty sure she'll notice that we've been using her room as a dumping ground for all of the laundry we haven't folded and put away.

So life is crazy, but I'm still writing. I've only missed 3 days in the past month and one of those was Christmas, so not too shabby. I just have to keep pushing myself forward because I really want to have that rough draft finished before we leave for China.

No comments:

Post a Comment