Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Writing in the New Year!

Now that 2008 is over (and boy, am I glad it is!), I'm thinking about my writing resolutions for this year. Normally I don't believe in resolutions -- who needs the pressure? But this year, I've put together a general guideline to help keep my writing on track this year.

First, finish the rough draft of WIP. Since I made it to 50,000 words yesterday, I should hit this goal by the end of January.

Second, send out and find homes for my three current short stories.

And Third, rewrite, rewrite, rewrite. Polish that novel till it shines. In a perfect world, I'll finish this by the end of summer and then start looking for an agent. (That's when the real fun starts!)

With bringing Sarah home from China and the three other munchkins, that's probably all I can realistically hope to accomplish this year. Oh yeah, and finish four or five more grad courses so that I can graduate with my Master's in the Spring of 2010. That's all. Wanna bet whether I have any hair left by the time it's all finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment