Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas is over...

Now go out and buy some books!! You can scoop up some great after Christmas deals. Seriously, with the publishing business in the tank, writers everywhere will thank you.

On a lighter note, my creative writing professor says that every writer he knows has cats or gardens. I've got the gardening down (just finished my coursework for a Master Gardening certificate - now I just have to find time for the volunteer hours) and until a year ago, I had the cats. Unfortunately, when we brought home our youngest son from China, our male tabby cat developed an attitude and started doing his business outside of the litter box. As he was a BIG cat, 22 pounds, he made a BIG mess every time he did this. Yuck. Needless to say, he quickly found a home with some friends who own a barn.

Since then, my mojo's been a little off. I don't know, maybe it's the kids sucking the life out of me, but I like to think it was the catless home. For almost thirty years I've always had at least one cat, and although we weren't completely petless - we have a BIG dog, Darby, I did miss the cats. So, in an effort to win Best Husband of the Year, Steve brought home 2 kittens on Christmas Eve as an early gift for me. (Of course the kids have confiscated them, but I know whose they really are!)



Aren't they cute?!


So now my home is once again populated by almost as many animals as humans. The kittens are running around, climbing the curtains in that adorable, Kitty on Crack, way that kittens have and I have my mojo back.

All is well with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment