Sunday, December 21, 2008

Another way to proctastinate

So I've found that having a blog about writing is a great way to put off actually writing. I thought I'd found them all, checking my email, folding the laundry, rearranging the kitchen cabinets, and if all else fails, cleaning the bathrooms. But having a blog is a much easier way to put off writing. This way, I'm actually writing, though not on WIP so I'm not sure it really counts.

Overall, things are going well with the first draft. It's rough. REALLY rough. As in, it's not something I'd even let my husband read. But, at least I'm plowing through that first draft. After tonight, I'll have 33,000 words so I'll be one third of the way finished. So far, I've kept to my goal of writing 2,000 words a day. I'm not getting much sleep, but I want to get the first draft finished before we leave for China. That way it can marinate a bit and when things settle down after we're back, I can start the editing process.

Hopefully, by this time next year, I'll have a completed novel and be shopping it around to agents. That'll make for an interesting year!

After Christmas, I have several short stories that I'll be sending out and I'll track my progress here. For anyone who's interested, I'll list where I've submitted pieces, the date I sent them out, and when/if I get a response. Nothing like posting the rejections to keep you going!

No comments:

Post a Comment